As a Senior Accountant, you will ensure our clients’ financial statements meet regulatory and business requirements, as well as help clients to improve business performance by applying industry and functional skills.
- Understand and apply audit theories and procedures at all stages – planning, field work, and wrap-up
- Prepare financial statements with disclosures
- Handle simultaneous engagements and deal effectively with management at a higher level
- Review and analyze client internal controls
- Identify and resolve problem areas and client issues and propose solutions to managers and partners
- Prepare audit programs, time budgets, and management letters
- Develop a working relationship with clients and prospective clients and be the client contact on engagements
- CPA preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; Masters degree is a plus.
- 3-5 years of audit experience in public accounting, focusing on employee benefit plans and non-profit organizations
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willing to work hours necessary to meet client deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in basic PC applications
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
We strive to attract the best and brightest individuals. This opportunity includes a competitive salary and benefits package.
George Johnson & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap or veteran’s status, or status within any other protected group.
To apply for this job please visit gjc-cpa.com.