The Audit Manager is responsible for managing accounting and auditing engagements and related projects, including: working for assigned clients, participating in the engagement planning process, supervising field work, reviewing workpapers and financial statements, and presenting results to client management.
- Review workpapers; management letters; financial statements; planning documents; audit, review, and compilation reports; and communications to clients
- Develop, train, and mentor staff
- Direct planning, organizing, scheduling, and review of assigned engagements; deliver products to clients in a timely fashion and within budget
- Maintain regular contact with assigned clients, keeping responsible management informed about client developments
- Handle routine client matters and technical questions, providing audit advice that enables clients to increase shareholder value
- Develop and maintain contacts with other professionals and business referral sources
- Supervise multiple engagements and staff at various skill levels, providing timely, constructive feedback to those supervised
- Provide timely, high-quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations
- CPA required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; Masters degree is a plus.
- 5-8 years of audit experience in public accounting, focusing on employee benefit plans and non-profit organizations
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience
- Willing to work hours necessary to meet client deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in basic PC applications
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
We strive to attract the best and brightest individuals. This opportunity includes a competitive salary and benefits package.
George Johnson & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap or veteran’s status, or status within any other protected group.
To apply for this job please visit gjc-cpa.com.